Sunday 10 August 2014

I Was Jealous Of Girls- Frank Maloney

Frank Malone y and Lennox Lewis

Former boxing promoter Frank Maloney has revealed he is undergoing gender reassignment and now lives as a woman called Kellie.

In an interview in the Mirror, Kellie says: "I was born in the wrong body and I have always known I was a woman."

As Frank, Maloney guided Lennox Lewis to the world heavyweight title in 1993.

In her interview, Kellie says: "I can't keep living in the shadows, that is why I am doing what I am today.


Living with the burden any longer would have killed me.

"What was wrong at birth is now being medically corrected. I have a female brain. I knew I was different from the minute I could compare myself to other children.

"I wasn't in the right body. I was jealous of girls."

"A New Life''

Kellie said she had never felt able to tell anyone in boxing about her intentions but had been preparing for her gender transition while still living as Frank and working in the sport.

"I thought maybe I can earn enough money that one day I can disappear and live a new life completely away as a female and no one would ever bother me.

"Once you come out of sport you are soon forgotten and that was what I was hoping would happen to me."

She said she was sure she could have done her job in boxing as a woman but her plans now focused on helping others going through a similar process.

Kellie, who has been married twice and has children, said she intended to live as a single person and was now "mentally preparing" herself for the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment