Tuesday 13 May 2014

Daniel Bryan To Undergo Neck Surgery

 Daniel Bryan

WWE heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan has confirmed that he will be having surgery on his neck later this week.


Speaking to the crowd at Monday night's Raw event in Greenville, South Carolina, he said he was paying the price for his success in the ring.

"The reason why I think a lot of you cheer for me and chant for me is because I've come out here and I've paid that price with my body," he said.

"Unfortunately I also have to pay the price this week with neck surgery."

Speaking about his wrestling rivalries, Bryan said some of his competitors seemed pleased he would be out of the running for the time being.

"I'm not exactly real happy about it. This has been my dream ever since I've been a little kid," he explained.

He reassured fans it would not be the end of his career, with the crowd chanting back at him in support.

"When will I come back? I have no idea. But I think all of you know the answer to this question, 'Will I come back?'" said Bryan.

In response, and referencing Bryan's Yes Movement fans, the Raw audience shouted, "Yes, yes, yes".
WWE has not confirmed when Bryan is expected to return to the ring, or a timescale for his recovery.

Earlier this year Bryan apologised to fans who were disappointed he did not appear in the main Royal Rumble event in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

He blamed WWE for his exclusion from the match.

"Sorry guys, the machine wanted me nowhere near the Royal Rumble match. But I thank everyone for their support," he wrote on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment