Monday 31 March 2014

I break NNPC pipelines to help Nigerians – Suspect

Omomoyesan and IfeanyiA suspected pipeline vandal, who has been arrested by the Inspector General of Police Special Task Force on Anti-Pipeline Vandalism, says he took to the illegitimate business because of the failure of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to provide quality service to Nigerians.



PUNCH Metro learnt that the 40-year-old suspect, Soji Omomoyesan, was arrested alongside one Rotanna Ifeanyi after causing a fire outbreak at an oil pipeline at the Ilare/Magbon area of Ikorodu, Lagos State on March 20, 2014.


They were, however, arrested by members of the community who trailed them to the house of an herbalist where they had gone to receive treatment from the burns they sustained.

Omomsoyesan, an indigene of Imayin, Ondo state said, “I am alive today because the police came to my rescue. The community wanted to set me on fire.

“I had been informed that they would burst petrol pipeline along Imagbon NNPC pipeline, so I decided to make some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment