Sunday 2 February 2014

I am a Law abiding Nigerian- El Rufai



El-Rufai and Asari-Dokubo
When the one-time Minister of the Federal Capital Territory was asked if the name of Asari-Dokubo came up during the interrogation, he said no, and stressed that he could not have mentioned Asari-Dokubo’s name because their personalities were not comparable.


“Asari Dokubo is a thug. I don’t compare myself to him. I've never taken up arms against the state. I’m a normal human, law-abiding Nigerian. I don’t compare myself with thugs,” El-Rufai said.

Asari-Dokubo, who is known to be a supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan and his administration, has at different times expressed opinions in sharp contrast to those of El-Rufai.

Many Nigerians have questioned why the SSS has not invited Asari-Dokubo for questioning for saying, “Nigeria will burn if President Jonathan is not reelected,” whereas El-Rufai was invited for saying, “If 2015 elections are rigged it might likely lead to violence.”

Asari-Dokubo also reportedly called El-Rufai a coward following his (El-Rufai’s) initial refusal to honour the invitation of the SSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment